Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Great Credit and Leslie Howard

The other night, I was watching my FAVORITE TELEVISION CHANNEL OF ALL TIME, Turner Classic Movies. Life as I know it would not be worth living without this channel. So I am casually watching the opening credits of a 1930's film and see this:
OK, if I am EVER going to be in a film, THIS is the credit I want. I love this credit so much I wish I had seen it prior to starting my blog, cause THAT is what I would have called it!

For your information, the film this credit was in was:

Yes, you know this was an EARLY film if they are merely "introducing" Wendy Hiller! She is now known as DAME Wendy Hiller and lived until 2003. Leslie Howard was unfortunately shot down by Germans in World War II.

Here are Leslie and Wendy during filming of Pygmalion. Nice shot.
Here is Leslie Howard, as Ashley Wilkes, with that bitch Scarlett O'Hara:
Here is Wendy Hiller towards the end of her life:
Film Score: 3 out of 5 stars, due to some ham acting by Leslie "yes, I did more in my career than merely play Ashley Wilkes" Howard. I actually prefer him in the film "The Scarlet Pimpernel". Now he was GREAT in that. Here he is making time with Merle Oberon in that film:But I digress. I only wanted to tell you that "Sarcastic Bystander" is that best movie credit I had ever seen!

No comments: