Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Greetings from BirthdayLand...

Another niece had another birthday. Again. I was invited to attend. Again. I showed up. Again. I was asked to make the cake. Hmm, this was a new development.

However, the day before the tween hit twelve, I had invited all 10 of the niece and nephews to trick or treat at my corporate headquarters:
Needless to say, after walking all 6 floors to gather the goods, I was a bit tired out when it came time to craft the special order cake for the party. I was requested to use the following supplies:

- chocolate cake mix
- chocolate fudge filling
- chocolate icing
- chocolate chips for deco
- butterscotch chips for deco (hmm, branched out a bit here)
And so, after dropping off the last of the kids to the last respective house, I started to bake. It was already 8pm. Here's how far I got by 12am:
around 1am I was finally done!
Please note: Betty Crocker Baby! The decoration ideas were all mine however.

So Saturday dawned cold and rainy, and I schlepped over to attend this THRILLING foray:
a few shots of the birthday girl had to be taken:


Some people, I WON'T SAY WHO, were simply not enthused about parties or photos that day:
Others couldn't wait to show off their photography tricks:

Finally, the tween had had enough and insisted we move on to more important matters:
Namely: PRESENTS! She got cash, a new bike, movie ticket passes, more cash, and auntie lowered herself to purchasing Justin Beiber CD's at Target. I was terrified someone I knew would see me in line!I also got her some bling: Blue costume jewelry to match her green/blue eyes! Here she is with her cousin, checking it out:
Some people, I WON'T SAY WHO, were un-enthused by all the gift opening and moved on to other, more interesting activities:
Finally, it was time to reveal THE CAKE:
Comments I heard included:

- Damn, that is some cake!
- Auntie, I don't want a piece, it's too big for me.
- I smell chocolate. Do you smell chocolate?
- You didn't make that.
- That's a lot of chocolate.

Then the tween posed, blew out the candles and cut the cake:
while others waited to dig in:
after that fun activity ended, it was time for some general photography:
and some Halloween photography:


Then a few more casual shots before I made my escape:



This one is my favorite of the day:

No comments: