Monday, July 20, 2009

Konversations with Kidz - a weekend in snippets

A weekend with the 10 year old, 7 year old and 1 year old nieces and nephew. Here are the words I used most frequently in the course of 24 hours:

- Stop it
- Leave it alone
- Stop torturing the baby
- I swear to god!
- No
- Thanks for sharing
- If I hear the words poo, ass, hell or pee one more time…
- Put her down
- Leave him alone
- Leave her alone
- What the hell are you doing?
- Can I turn my back for a damn minute without some trauma taking place?
- I will put you in the car and drive you home
- How did you manage to do that?

Conversation highlights from the kid above:
Do all people have fuzz?
What fuzz?
On their face, like you
***
Here are my jammies
Why are these wet?
I dropped them in the toilet
Exactly how did you drop your jammies in the toilet
I don’t know
Conversation highlights from the kid above:
Take this quiz Auntie
What is it?
Are you a fashionata princess or a rock star rebel
OK
First question…your BFF max texts that her BF just broke up with her sted and is having 'tud trouble with the ‘rents..what do you do?
I'm not even sure what you just said
***
You know, Kevin is getting married
Kevin who?
Jonas..OMG, don’t you know that? He’s the ugly one
OK then
We enjoyed the typical kid weekend, with a Red Robin lunch, Old Navy shopping, and a lovely afternoon at the park. Then it was time to head home for some First Year photos of the baby:
It's all about the expression:
LOL...she looks like she is thinking of ways to destroy us all!

This next one is sweet:
The formal pose with tongue under control:
A sample of the 20 plus in formal "tongue out of control" photos:Yeah I have about 40 more photos like that!


Some nice indoor shots as well:


And then a walk around the yard before dinner:
Then the evening descends, with kids surfing for more yo mamma jokes and the baby butting in wherever she can:
Here's what bedtime looked like:
And then they left and all was right in the world again...

1 comment:

mom said...

OMG, Helen, you said it all. Laughing so hard I was crying!!!