Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Small Fry Invasion

Over the course of the last two weekends, my normally quiet days off were enhanced by the presence of "small fry". Many small fry. Hell, it was an invasion! Five the first weekend, and five the second. Some were visiting, some were spending the night, and all were excited to see each other and spend time at Auntie's house.

Here's a glimpse of what fitting five kids into airbeds and sleeping bags look like:
I SO ADORE their "let's see who can stay up the longest!" contest. Really, I do. 12:30am, by the way.

Of course, the Lego's had to be invaded. Happy hours were spent crafting farms, skyscrapers, Mario Brothers game scenes, hospitals and the occasional jail.
of course they always look forward to cleaning up the legos:
Since the weather was finally nice and I was getting tired of the sounds of 5 voices reverberating off the walls of my house, I kicked them outside and took them to the local park:



and that is when the fun really started. I decided to corral their high energy into some high jumping photography:



Then the posing began...Mario Brothers power pose:
some kind of yoga type kickboxing pose:
Air Jordan pose:
and finally, the "enough with the camera" pose:
The boys returned to tire swinging:

while the girls began their modeling careers once again:





a little cousin love:
and here is the youngest of the bunch snapping a photo of me with the toy camera:
All in all, a fun time was had by all. The kids all enjoyed yummy diner Food, Pizza lunches, unlimited legos, sunshine in the park, paper airplanes in the backyard, ice cream and Charlie Chaplin movies, cinnamon rolls and Little Rascals and Looney Tunes to boot!

I think I heard my house actually heave a sigh of relief when the last of the bunch went home!

No comments: