Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Disneyland! (aka hell on earth)

Some 15 odd years ago, after being caught in an overcrowded and closed down Disneyland nightmare (due to last Electrical Parade show) I swore to never darken the main street entrance of Disneyland again!

Well...here I am some 15 odd years later and my sister and hubby invited me to join them on their family vacation to hell...excuse me...I mean Disneyland.

They have 4 children. 2 Toddlers and 2 Tweens. Yes, think about that for a moment. I knew I would be signing up for days of endless tugging between Small World and Space Mountain. And I still went. What is wrong with me??

So we headed out to LA in two cars loaded up with snacks, babies and tweens. It was 108 on I5, by they way. It wasn't long before the inevitable pit stop in the pit stop known as Bakersfield took place:
The next day - we headed to the park - via car, then shuttle...I didn't realize you can't just "park at Disneyland" anymore. Getting in cars and in lines and on shuttles and off shuttles was a ride in itself!

Once we got into the actual park, we decided to throw all caution to the wind and let the 3 year old figure out the Disneyland map:
oh yes, did I mention who ELSE tagged along?
We started our journey in Fantasy Land...look how fresh and bright and happy everyone is! For giggles, we will compare this image to one taken on the last night in a later blog...
Snow White, Mr Toad, we hit the kiddie rides all morning:


a nice group shot of the kids on one of MY favorite characters...Dumbo!
Then it was off to the carousals!

and finally - the hit ride of the trip - Small World - I think we rode it 4 times over the course of 3 days - the toddlers could not get enough of the ride!
while others, I WON'T SAY WHO, were less enthused by the ride:
The toddlers spent the first day of the trip learning the vital Disney lesson - IF YOU WANT TO RIDE IT, YOU MUST SUFFER FOR IT:
But the end result was sweet!
Then it was TIME. To meet the MAN. Excuse me, I mean MOUSE:
Someone, I WON'T SAY WHO, was a little apprehensive of a 6 foot mouse:
but she warmed up:
while others, I WON'T SAY WHO, refused to come within 6 feet of a 6 foot mouse:
While waiting for Adult Supervised Group One to come out of Splash Mountain, I managed to get a great shot of them coming down the big drop. They are the three in the front of the log boat. The guy in the last seat was creeping me out as he looked like that creepy guy Dave from "Storage Wars" -I hate that guy. I hate that show.
But I digress! More to come later this week with photos from California Adventure, more Disneyland and the hotel pool!

No comments: