Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chicago! A helluva town!

Last month, upon invitation to a wedding, I ventured all the way to the windy city of Chicago...but since I chose to let Killer Diller do the photo editing this time, it's taken a bit longer to get the resulting blog published.  Never again!
 The wedding was in downtown Chicago, so I headed out on a Friday night, on a half full flight, with a row of seats to myself and THIS AWESOMENESS as well:
SouthWest serves Dr Pepper!  I savored the essence as I coasted over the fly over states.  Once in Chicago, I was pleased to see that my hotel had prepared by bed in style:
Yes, that is DP - who insisted on sneaking past security and coming along.  The following photos of the hotel will not excite anyone but me, who appreciates history. Original Brass doorknobs and plates:
 Golden elevators with original clock style floor dials!  I loved getting into these elevators!
 But I digress, here is Chicago in all it's glory the following morning:

 Before heading to the wedding, I had time to explore the area a bit.  Here you see the famous "Married with Children" fountain.  I am almost positive it is actually called something else, since it dates about 100 plus years prior to Kelly Bundy.
 DP, ever the tourist, can not resist getting a shot with such a cultural icon:
 Naturally, MY PHOTO is never quite as good:
 But wither, I had to prepare for the wedding - here I am pulling one of those annoying "camera phone in the mirror" shots - how low can I go...
And finally here you see the actual reason I was in Chicago:

A gorgeous ceremony and party!  Here is the daughter of my friend and boss, who also traveled to the wedding:
 Someone, I WON'T SAY WHO, could not resist slipping in for a photo as well:
 I had 12 hours the next day to further explore the city - so I thought I'd take in the Chicago Art Institute - DP enjoyed it as well:
I pulled a "Cameron" and stared at the "Sunday in the Park" painting for awhile (look up the reference, movie heathens!):
 Here's me, proof I was actually in the museum:
Then I had to pull DP away from the "Sunday in the Park" painting, as DP was intent on finding out why the hell Cameron was obsessed with the painting:
 Time for a few more shots of downtown before heading back to the airport:

 I see statues in Chicago are just as disrespected as ones in San Francisco:
 Here's me, excited to be back on the plane, heading home, after a TWO HOUR DELAY at Midway.

No comments: