Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another Saturday, another Kid Party

My nephew celebrated his fourth birthday this past week, and the fam all got together Saturday to ring in his fourth year with some pizza, cake and presents: The children seemed distracted by something however...
It was sad watching these little people become so addicted, so fast, to the bright flashing lights of a glass box full of crap. Not that adults ever fall for that. No, never.

Soon this was all I heard from them:

"You have any quarters?"
"Can I have a quarter?"
"I need more quarters"
"Did you give my sister quarters? I need some, too"
"Can I have just two more quarters?"
"Where's Grandma? I heard she was giving out quarters!"
"Is that change in your pocket?"
"I just need two more quarters!"
"Please! I need more quarters!"
"For the love of god man, I need Quarters!! I need more quarters!"

These grade school panhandlers would put the SF ones to shame! I noticed one of the children stayed far away from the games:
A very sad case. Others couldn't be pulled away if the actual Transformers themselves suddenly walked into the restaurant:

So to escape these tiny beggars, I took some photos of the birthday boy:


Yes, the cake his Auntie Kathy made him showed up and it was fantastic looking:
Now, I have no idea who Phineas or Ferb are, but apparently they are some new Disney show that the kids are all into. Well, not ALL the kids...
Meanwhile...it was time for some present opening, and it looks like the classics still apply to the preschool set:
Please note, in the photo below I have circled the "SpongeBob Ants in your Pants" game:
This was the ONE item I went to Target to purchase last Thursday night. I went inside, full of discipline...with a strict plan to get the game and leave the store. I left with:

2 pairs of shoes
1 package of swaddler diapers
cat snacks
fish tank light
Raising Arizona DVD
US magazine with the Gosselin drama on the cover
4 packs of sugar free bubble gum
Baby dress
baby booties
Memory card game

oh, and...the SpongeBob SquarePants Ants in Your pants game. The moral here? Target is evil!! But I digress. Back to the party:

I thought my Spongebob artwork was a fine rendering until my nephew pointed out that he had no nose. These kids today have no appreciation for "abstract" art.

More random party shots: Big sister looking cute as can be:

and... LOL:
Time for some cake action!


Once the cake was gone, the money begging set in again:

The spoils of their gambling:
Sad. I think I was taken for at least $20 by these kids!

No comments: