Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Random shots and an update on "Lame"

Here is a random collection of what I like to call..."Things I see while walking on the beach"

First up: Monk on the Beach
I told some people last week that I saw this huge Monk walking a tiny Chihuahua and I don't think they believed me. So when he showed up again tonight, I was glad I had my camera. I snapped this covert photo.

Next: Sandffiti
These could be a) crop circles, b) art completed by talented sandpipers, or c) sandffiti - a form of graffiti.

Next: Dudes on Sewer PipePeople (generally males leading younger males) who think it's "cool" to walk along the sewer outlet pipe. I await the moment the pipe suddenly opens, the smell overtakes them, and they fall into the sea.

Next: Footprints that aren't a sign that God was carrying me
Next: Annoying people who shouldn't be allowed to take my regular parking spot!
I like to call these things "Sunshine Come Latelys" - these people show up when the sun comes out, take all the parking, and leave little remembrances of their visit here behind. Like coke cans. And empty chip bags. And used diapers. Despite the garbage cans every 10 feet!
Even the sea birds are crowded by those folks.

Next: This shot I'll call..."What keeps the "Sunshine Come Latelys" away:
You'll notice in this next shot how empty the beach appears:
I wonder why?

Next: Sadistic stairs from hell
These stairs I take most every night to keep my Weight Watchers results at a good level.
Next: Obligatory lovely sunset shot:
Next: One night later, same beach, same time:
Now you FAITHFUL readers should remember last weekend's blog about "Lame" the duck I birthed. I suggested I might take him to the beach "for a visit", and tonight I did:
Lame at first seemed quite pleased to be outside. He liked the sand, and the sound of the waves, I think.
Then, a tragic turn of events:
Lame was not amused, as you can clearly see by his expression. But the worst was yet to come:
While I was focusing in on the very wet and annoyed Lame, a dog came up behind me and snatched Lame up into it's mouth! Although the dog dropped Lame quickly enough, the damage was done and now Lame was a bit traumatized and paranoid:
I had to talk him down off the rock. Took me quite awhile, as there are a lot of dogs on this beach.
Then I had to talk him out of the mussel shell. He called it his "armor".
His next action was simply pathetic:
Lame knows I collect beach glass, so he attempted to disguise himself as a yellow piece among the green and whites, hoping I would take him back home.
I did.

1 comment:

The Swamp Fox said...

And you say my blog is violent!! Good God! I am calling DPS (Duck Protective Services)!